Possible New staff Recruitment Needed.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Butler_20001, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Butler_20001

Butler_20001 New Member

Hello,

Let me start off buy saying this is not an attack or riot, this is purely a suggestion.

Since the updates on #S6 and #SB6 ive noticed a high decrease in staff appearances through out the server. I've returned to the server nearly a month ago and NEVER seen swillitar on the server. we need staff thats going to be active and can help the community,

Lets put this into perspective. there is currently 4 staff and 2 owners, one staff is very inactive so we will say 3 staff for time being.
    There are 3 staff, 5 servers and on average 60 players, peaking at 80 on weekend. that is nowhere near a good healthy amount of rotation.

So, here is my suggestion, Cwoare needs atleast 3 ACTIVE staff on survival, (busiest area of the server), and 2 each on the remaining servers instead of the staff rotating between all servers, 3 staff is not enough.

Again, this is not an attack, but staff need to put a little more effort into helping players when logged into the server. Players need help.

Admin rank needs to make a return aswell to Kezuili in my own personal opinion, who can also be active on the forums and then can help on the server with problems too, instead of AmazedMender16 doing it all.

Regards
    Butler.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Phil

Phil New Member

this is actually not a bad idea to be honest

3. Alluminator

Alluminator New Member

While I agree that a server without an Admin rank is a bit strange as I am used to servers but also organizations having them, I think Merkaah does a fine job as Senior Mod and that is all that is needed. Furthermore, if AmazedMender feels like he doesn't need anything more than just mods to help him manage the network, then that's up to him, and I haven't really noticed situations where someone with more permissions than Merkaah was required immediately, since AmazedMender is always quick to deal with problems which require higher ranking personnel (server issues).

What would you think an Admin needs over Sr. Mods anyway if I may ask? If you mean that an Admin can help AmazedMender purely with server (backend) issues then that would mean giving someone access to the servers themselves
    (or parts of them), which is something AmazedMender needs to decide for himself.

Coming onto the part of the amount of staff and the inactivity of certain members of staff.
    I've never seen swillitar online myself. But I do not know anything about his current situation, there is a chance that we may not know the full situation around swillitar, whereas probably staff does.
    The amount of staff could be increased by 1 mod, given that swillitar is inactive. I do however not feel like this is something that needs to be rushed or needs to happen by tomorrow. I've never actually had a situation where (1. staff wasn't online already, (2. there were more problems than online staff could handle, or (3. staff was slow to respond/inactive/busy on discord.

Ultimately though, I feel like my opinion doesn't really matter. What does staff think themselves though: do they feel like they need more hands to lighten the load? That is, what I think, is the most important thing here.

EDITS:
    - Minor spelling issues

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Butler_20001

Butler_20001 New Member

Everyone is welcome to what they need to write, My post was purely out of suggestion purposes only and hopefully this will get picked up by staff to look into it and take what they need from it, everyone’s opinion matters

5. Alluminator

Alluminator New Member

Yes, of course. And in its core I do not disagree with your suggestion, like I said.

6. CN-Merkaah

CN-Merkaah SR. MOD
    SR. MOD PREMIUM

I'm online about 80% of my awake time, if not more, and during this time there's not that many issues that the current staff can't handle. Then yet the suggestion is not bad, we will concider this and have a discussion about this and we'll see what we decide.

7. Perrynator

Perrynator New Member

We might need a new rank that can deal with small fish, but then again most things are handled rather smoothly and quick imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. xXZenoGodXx

xXZenoGodXx New Member

9. TOPE

TOPE New Member

We actually really need some staffs maybe 2 or 3 cause there aren't really staffs online in asia timezone or something, idk whats the terminology of it.

10. xAnonyPowerZ

xAnonyPowerZ New Member

Butler thats true thay need more active staff. Like you say 2 Modarators Tris and Kez. 1 admin Merk and 2 owners Mender and Lady

The ones that are active at Survival are Merk Kez and Tris mender is there some times the last month i didnt see Lady.
    And 2 staff at backup

So thay need some staff that will look up at faction,Skyblock,Priston,Vanilla
    Just to keep the place running with players.

But the problem is there are around 2/4 players at faction and 3 skyblock 1 at priston and maby 8 at vanilla and +-50players at survival. Thats why thay are at survival. But We can't always say thay are not online. Thay are alot of time in vanish. If thay need more thay will choose some at the application list.

Greatings
    xAnony.

11. server075

server075 Member

3 New helpers / mods but none of them are online on skyblock xD