Changes to mob stacking(not removing it)[1.14.2]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mr.Bumblebee, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Mr.Bumblebee

Mr.Bumblebee New Member

Mob stacking definitely helps the server perform better and I agree that it should exist. But this plugins surely has some unwanted features as well. Mob stacking causes farms such as endermen farm , guardian farm and almost all the spawner based farm to be very less efficient as those farms depends on the sweeping edge of the sword. And this also ruins the purpose spawning of iron golems in villages as they will stack.

So my suggestion is to limit the maximum no. of mobs that can be stacked(maybe 20 or something). 1.14.2 server doesn't have lots of spawner at the same spot so the spawner based farm shouldn't produce lots of mobs that could cause lag. Or disabling mob stacking when there is less player or only one player on the server would also work.

I have also noticed that mobs spawns are very less in amount and there are almost no spawns on top of nether. 1.14.2 had a bug that caused lots of mobs to spawn at the same place.

Hoping I'd get a reply from the mods or admin.

2. Cellegen

Cellegen New Member

why not just make the amount of entities to exist in a very fair limited way (for my understanding 20 mob / chunk does not kill the server since it's a basic functonality for every server its created), so that some farms can function properly and make more great projects. Also this Mob Stacking plugin didnt make any big performance at all (only 10% efficency for the servers which is like-5~10 ~ ping greater) and does not have any good feeling killing the same stacked mobs over and over. it makes no performance whatsoever, it wont make farms even better, and does not have the right functionality to let mobs respawn around them. i'll say it as a no for a Beta version to see how well it can perform without the mob stacking functionality.