Vanilla 1.14 Enchantment table does not give full levels

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Erik B, May 2, 2019.

1. Erik B

Erik B Member

Server (Gamemode): vanilla 1.14
    Your in-game name: BeErikk
    Time and date of bug: now and been for some days
    How to re-create this bug?: make an enchantment table with fifteen bookshelves
    Extra information?: The third slot show level 30 but the second slot shows only 13 (should be 15)

Somehow getting XP in the vanilla 1.14 server is extra hard and slow. It's also a challenge to find enough leather to make the books you need for your fifteen bookshelves to power up your enchantment table. When you discover you get inferior enchantments and the enchantment table doesn't show full levels, well ... then you're pretty much ready to give up. :( :( Your tools end up with unbreaking I, efficiency II etc in the 30 levels slot. Come to my place and see for yourself if in doubt.

I've tested in my own spigot 1.14 server and there I get correct values, so it's not a 1.14 feature of some kind.

2. Erik B

Erik B Member

edit:
    Still a bit unsure if this is merely bad luck after all. I placed an extra bookshelf and made sure there were no invisible blocks between the table and the bookshelves. Still got these terrible enchantments. The third slot shows level 30 and the second slot varies (my remark above is wrong).

3. Erik B

Erik B Member

4. CN-Kezueli

MOD

Then the only thing we can do is waiting for Mojang to come with a fix, sadly enough.

• Like Like x 1